Terms and conditions
Section 1 – Terms and Conditions
HOSTISSIMO Ltd – www.hostissimo.com
HOSTISSIMO Ltd (“HOSTISSIMO”) is a company registered in England and Wales (Company Number 10530867) and is the operator of www.hostissimo.com (“Site”). The registered office of HOSTISSIMO is 2, Somerlea, Court Road, Maidenhead SL6 8LH, United Kingdom.
These terms and conditions govern the relationship between you, the owner or property manager of rental property, and us, HOSTISSIMO Ltd.
Price information found on the Site is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to review these terms and conditions upon each visit to the Site.
The Site provides you with the ability to set up an account (your Portal) and use the Portal to create and share information about your property and the local area with your guests. The information can include, but is not limited to, instructions about using appliances in the property, directions to the property, information on activities and points of interest as well as key contact information. The information can be in the form of text, photos, videos and outbound links, including links generated from Google Maps and Google Translate (“Content”). The Content shall be delivered to your guest via an online, private link known as the “Guest & Travel Guide” (see below). The Guest & Travel Guide will only be available to those whom you provide access to the link. This will include your guests and other people with whom you share the link. The Guest & Travel Guide link will only be live from the point at which you share the link with your guests until the end of their stay at which point the link will expire.
Supply of Services
HOSTISSIMO shall provide the Site to you in accordance with these terms and conditions. HOSTISSIMO reserves the right to revise the services available on the Site, including but not limited to, the right to impose rules and restrictions on access to all or part of the Site without notice or penalty. Your continued use of the Site shall constitute acceptance of such changes.
HOSTISSIMO strives to ensure that the information on the Site is complete and reliable. Any information that may contain pricing errors, typographical errors and other errors or inaccuracies may be corrected by HOSTISSIMO without liability.
Additional Paid Services
For an additional fee, HOSTISSIMO offers the additional services set out below. Pricing for these additional services is available on request.
HOSTISSIMO offers guidance on setting up the Guest & Travel Guide for your property through a live web session, which will allow a HOSTISSIMO member of staff to view your Guest & Travel Guide and help you with populating it. HOSTISSIMO will not interfere with the information on your Guest & Travel Guide at any time unless you grant HOSTISSIMO access via a web session.
HOSTISSIMO also offers editing and localization services (for example from German, French or Spanish to English). This can include translating and editing of your HOSTISSIMO Guest & Travel Guide or your other website or property listings.
Creating a Portal account
An account is created upon signing up and creating a password. This allows you access to the Guest & Travel Guide which you can then complete with information about your property. To be able to use the Guide & Travel Guide and send a link to your guests you need to go to the check out page via the “Activate” button of your listing. You can sign up to a subscription period of either six months or twelve months.
Subscription, Charges, and Payment
Subscription to the Site is completed once you click the “Submit Order” button on the checkout page and HOSTISSIMO has accepted your subscription.
HOSTISSIMO is not obliged to accept the order and may, at its discretion, decline to accept any order. Where HOSTISSIMO accepts the order, it will confirm such acceptance by sending you an email. You are responsible for checking that the details of your order are correct before clicking the “Submit Order” button on the checkout page.
If you sign up to a 6-month subscription, the appropriate subscription fees will be payable every 6 months. If you sign up to an annual subscription, the appropriate subscription fees will be payable annually.
All major Credit or Debit Cards (including via PayPal) are acceptable methods of payment. HOSTISSIMO uses a third-party payment provider (www.paymill.com) to process payments and, as such, does not have access to or store credit card information. Please refer to the terms and conditions of www.paymill.com for information on how the third-party payment provider will process your payments.
Where relevant, HOSTISSIMO will charge VAT or other applicable taxes, duties or charges at the prevailing rate, as the subscription fees stated on the Site do not include such charges which may be payable.
Cancellation and Termination
You have the right to cancel your subscription at any time and you can do this by writing to us at
or firstname.lastname@example.org addressing your cancellation request to HOSTISSIMO setting out your full name;
If you exercise your right to cancel within 14 days of the commencement of your subscription, we will refund all of the subscription fee you paid.
If you cancel your subscription after 14 days of the commencement of your subscription, you will be able to continue using your subscription until the end of your subscription period, at which point your subscription will be terminated.
Once we have received your cancellation request, we will send you a confirmatory email setting out the date on which your subscription will be terminated and the amount of any refund due to you.
Please allow 14 days from the date on which we confirm your cancellation by email to receive any refund. All refunds will be made via the same payment method you used when paying for the subscription fee.
Once your subscription has been terminated, you will no longer have access to the Portal and your guests will no longer be able to access the Guest & Travel Guide.
All intellectual property rights in or arising out of or in connection with the services provided via the Site and under these terms and conditions, is owned by HOSTISSIMO.
HOSTISSIMO grants you, or shall procure the direct grant to you, a fully paid-up, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use the Site, which includes the Portal and the Guest & Travel Guide, during the term of your subscription and pursuant to these terms and conditions. You may use this licence to create the Content and share a link to the Guest & Travel Guide with your guests. You shall not sub-license, assign or transfer the rights granted by these terms and conditions.
Any content you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant HOSTISSIMO and guests who access your Guest & Travel Guide a limited licence to use, store and copy that content.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
No Partnership or Agency
If you choose to create a Guest & Travel Guide, you understand and agree that your relationship with HOSTISSIMO is limited to being a member and an independent, third-party contractor, and not an employee, agent, joint venturer or partner of HOSTISSIMO for any reason, and you act exclusively on your own behalf and for your own benefit, and not on behalf of or for the benefit of HOSTISSIMO. HOSTISSIMO does not control, and has no right to control, your listing, your offline activities associated with your listing, or any other matters related to any listing, that you provide. As a member you agree not to do anything to create a false impression that you are endorsed by, partnering with, or acting on behalf of or for the benefit of HOSTISSIMO, including by inappropriately using any HOSTISSIMO intellectual property.
Usage of the Site
You may use the Site only in compliance with these terms and conditions. You are responsible for your own communications, including the transmission, uploading or posting of information and are responsible for the consequences of such communications via the Guest & Travel Guide. Any other use of the Site requires the prior written consent of HOSTISSIMO.
You may not use spiders, robots, data mining techniques or other automated devices or programs to catalog, download or otherwise reproduce, store or distribute content available on the Site. Further, you may not use any such automated means to manipulate the Site, such as automating what are otherwise manual or one-off procedures. You may not take any action to interfere with, or disrupt, the Site or any other users’ use of the Site, including, without limitation, via means of overloading the Site, circumventing security or user authentication measures or attempting to exceed the limited authorization and access granted to you under these Terms.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the Site you must comply with the content standards set out below.
These content standards apply to any and all Content which you contribute to the Site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with the above standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out above.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards above.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Access and Obligations
You must provide specific information to access the Site. All information about you must be truthful, and you may not use any aliases or other means to mask your true identity. Any access codes or passwords provided should be safeguarded at all times. You are responsible for the security of your access codes and passwords and will be solely liable for any use or unauthorized use under such access codes or passwords.
The Site is available to registered users who are a minimum of 18 years in age and who have not previously been banned or removed by HOSTISSIMO for any reason.
In the event that HOSTISSIMO revokes your subscription, for any other reason, you will be reimbursed any subscription fees on a pro rata basis.
Usage of the Site is void where prohibited by law.
Use of third party services
HOSTISSIMO reserves the right to use the services of a third party for any part of its business.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
HOSTISSIMO shall not be liable for the Content. It is your responsibility to ensure the Content is appropriate for your guests. As such, HOSTISSIMO accepts no liability for any events which arise out of a guest’s use of or reliance on the Content. You understand that HOSTISSIMO simply provides the means to create and share the Guest & Travel Guide. HOSTISSIMO excludes: (i) any responsibility for or liability arising out of any dealings you have with third parties that take place using or facilitated by the Site; and (ii) any liability for losses which are not a foreseeable or likely consequence of your use of the Site, or that are result of a breach of these terms and conditions.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude any liability HOSTISSIMO may have for: (i) death or personal injury arising from HOSTISSIMO’s negligence or HOSTISSIMO’s liability; (ii) fraudulent misrepresentation or (iii) any other liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.
You agree to indemnify HOSTISSIMO for its liabilities and reasonable costs (including reasonable legal fees), sustained or incurred as a result of Content posted to the Site by you, in violation of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and HOSTISSIMO in relation to the subject matter of your use of the Site and any order.
Should you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions you may contact us at info@HOSTISSIMO.com
HOSTISSIMO is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is HOSTISSIMO Limited of 2 Somerlea, Court Road, Maidenhead, SL6 8LH, United Kingdom
Information we may collect from you
HOSTISSIMO may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site, or by corresponding with HOSTISSIMO by phone, email, Facebook, Twitter or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use HOSTISSIMO’s sites, subscribing to our service, requesting further services or the provision of information (including, without limitation, your mobile phone number and/or Facebook or Twitter address). HOSTISSIMO may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact HOSTISSIMO (including by, without limitation, telephone or email), HOSTISSIMO may keep a record of that correspondence and any information you provide.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site.
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for HOSTISSIMO’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
HOSTISSIMO may collect technical information about your computer, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, operating system and browser type.
HOSTISSIMO may collect information about your visit including, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from Site, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs, and methods used to browse away from the page.
The above categories are statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Information received from other sources
This is information HOSTISSIMO receives about you if you use any of the other websites HOSTISSIMO operates or the other services HOSTISSIMO provides. HOSTISSIMO is working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). HOSTISSIMO will notify you when HOSTISSIMO receives information about you from other sources and the purposes for which HOSTISSIMO intends to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site and HOSTISSIMO’s other sites (our Sites) are presented in the most effective manner for you and the device with which you access our Sites.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request which HOSTISSIMO feels may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out HOSTISSIMO’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and HOSTISSIMO .
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of HOSTISSIMO’s service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to HOSTISSIMO’s service.
If you do not want HOSTISSIMO to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties or trusted partners for marketing purposes, do not enter or use the Site and inform HOSTISSIMO of your decision by contacting us at info@HOSTISSIMO.com.
If you do enter the Site you will be deemed to have consented to HOSTISSIMO using your data in this way unless you inform HOSTISSIMO otherwise.
Disclosure of your information
HOSTISSIMO may disclose your personal information to any member of HOSTISSIMO’s group.
HOSTISSIMO may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Who licence any product or service from HOSTISSIMO .
- In the event that HOSTISSIMO sell or buy any business or assets, in which case HOSTISSIMO may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If HOSTISSIMO or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If HOSTISSIMO is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply HOSTISSIMO’s terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of HOSTISSIMO, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Any payment transactions will be handled by a third-party payment provider and is as such not accessible to HOSTISSIMO. Where HOSTISSIMO has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access to certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although HOSTISSIMO will do its best to protect your personal data, HOSTISSIMO cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once HOSTISSIMO has received your information, HOSTISSIMO will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask HOSTISSIMO not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. HOSTISSIMO will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if HOSTISSIMO intends to use your data for such purposes or if HOSTISSIMO intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms HOSTISSIMO uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting HOSTISSIMO at info@HOSTISSIMO.com.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that HOSTISSIMO does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet HOSTISSIMO’s costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.